Second in the Endangered and Extinct Series from the Perth Mint, this 2012 Silver coin features a colorized Tasmanian Wedge-Tailed Eagle set on a background of gum leaves and mountainous terrain. This is a capsule only listing.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in an original mint capsule only (no box or COA).
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a colorized Tasmanian Wedge-Tailed Eagle set on a background of gum leaves and mountainous terrain.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 1 oz Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle Proof coin to your cart today!
The Tasmanian Wedge-Tailed Eagle stands one meter tall and has a wingspan roughly twice its height. Separated for thousands of years from its mainland counterparts, it now faces a number of threats, including the loss of suitable habitat. As a result, it is estimated that no more than 130 pairs are successfully breeding each year.