As low as $0.99 per oz over spot!
In the early 1890s, Chief Engraver Charles E. Barber created what is now an iconic image in American coinage. This stunning Replica round is unique to APMEX and pays tribute to the historic design minted from 1892-1916 in the form of dimes, quarters and half dollars. Start stacking this classic coin design with an exclusive 1 oz Barber Silver bullion round.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .999 fine Silver featuring a reeded edge, an attractive proof-like field and frosted finish.
- Single rounds come in a plastic flip. Multiples of 20 come in a plastic tube.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Liberty, facing right with the motto "In God We Trust" appearing above. The 13 stars surround her head with the SMI mint-mark beneath.
- Reverse: A beautifully designed heraldic eagle, based on the Great Seal of the United States. The bird holds in its beak a scroll inscribed "E Pluribus Unum" and in its right claw an olive branch; in its left it holds 13 arrows.
- These rounds are replicas and the Barber design is a favorite amongst collectors.
- Guaranteed by Sunshine Minting.
Protect your APMEX 1 oz Barber Half Dollar Round in style by adding a presentation box to your order.
In 1891, Congress approved the redesign of the Seated Liberty coins which had been used in circulation dating all the way back to the 1830s.Tasked with the project to develop a new design was U.S. Mint Director Edward O. Leech. Leech felt that public entry into the contest for the design of a new American coin would be unacceptable. Instead, he opted to have a design competition amongst professional artists and sculptors, the winner of which would receive a cash prize. The group of professional artists and sculptors ultimately refused to work with Leech for the contest, as only one would be rewarded for their work. Forced to resort to plan B, Leech instructed Barber to design the new coins. In spite of varied opinions from the public, the design was approved by President Benjamin Harrison in November 1891.
Founded in 1979, Sunshine Minting has manufacturing facilities located in Idaho, Nevada, and Shanghai as well as additional offices in Canada, Austria, Argentina. SMI is a leading domestic and global supplier of Precious Metals and base metal minted products that has a proven track record for quality and innovation helping re-define the global standard.
1 oz Silver rounds are one of the easiest and most popular ways to acquire Silver. Add this 1 oz Barber Silver round to your cart today!