The fourth release in the second round of releases of the Scottsdale Mint's incredible 15-Coin Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warrior series features the legendary god of thunder, Thor. Each coin is uniquely struck in an impressive high relief, antique finish 2 oz coin which brings the innovative designs to life when held in your hand.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Housed in a round wooden display box designed with the Mjölnir, the name of Thor's hammer, surrounded by the Runic alphabet.
- Obverse: Displays the Raphael Maklouf likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surrounded by the weight, purity and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts Thor in the foreground, standing with his hammer Mjölnir, a weapon capable of leveling mountains according to Norse mythology, with a circle of knotwork behind him.
- Edge: Laser etched serial number, from 1 to 1,999, matches the serial number found on the included certificate of authenticity.
- Guaranteed by the Scottsdale Mint.
Complete your Viking Series collection or give this striking 2 oz Silver coin as a gift. Add this 2 oz Silver Thor coin to your cart today!
In Norse mythology, Thor is the husband of the golden-haired goddess Sif, a Goddess associated with earth and fertility. Together, they fathered the goddess Thrud. Thor is described as fierce-eyed, red-haired and red-bearded. Thor's exploits, including his earth-shaking battles with the monstrous serpent Jormungandr and their foretold mutual deaths during the events of Ragnarok are literally the stuff of legend, having been recorded throughout numerous historical Norse poems and texts.
Scottsdale Mint first released the 15-Coin Vikings: Gods, Kings and Warriors series in 2015. Each Silver coin in this Vikings Series depicts a famous Viking god, king or warrior. This 15-coin series will include: Odin, Ragnar, King Cnut, Thor, Harald Fair, Bjorn Ironside, Loki, Tyr, Freya, Ivar the Boneless, Eric BloodAxe, Harald Hardrada, Egil Skallagrimsson, Freydís Eiríksdóttir and Gudfred. Collectors will recognize Scottsdale's effort in creating a Viking coin series that is not only exquisitely crafted in stunning detail, but one that is historically accurate and pays homage to the Norse culture. Start collect these Silver Vikings coins today!