In 2013, the Royal Mint increased the purity of Silver Britannias to .999 fine and also produced the first 5 oz Silver Britannia. This example has been certified as a perfect MS-70 by NGC, a top coin grading service.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver in Proof finish.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the PF-69 condition.
- First Releases label guarantees NGC received these coins within 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Shows the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features Britannia seated, holding a trident, about the Silver weight.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this certified 2013 5 oz Proof Silver Britannia to your cart today!
Over time, Britannia coins have become a showcase for British artists with many eager to share their interpretation of the enduring icon. No collection is complete without its Britannia, for she has been in demand for centuries, and in a year where the numismatic great regains her place on the circulating coinage of the United Kingdom, the spotlight shines on the familiar and much-loved figure.
The 2013 Britannia artist, Robert Hunt, created a graceful Britannia, seated in traditional pose, robed in the classical tradition and with Corinthian helmet and Neptune’s trident to represent her claim as "ruler of the waves." But his Britannia turns her head, a listening pose that indicates she is open to a world beyond Britain, as the owl that accompanies her symbolizes wisdom.