This collection from Monnaie de Paris features the design and evolution of Mickey Mouse through the ages. Celebrate Disney's 88th anniversary with this endearing collection.
- Contains .25 oz of .920 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a more modern design of Mickey Mouse that appeared in the short film "Mickey's Nightmare" in 1932.
- Reverse: Depicts Mickey's head as we know the design today. Also includes the face value and year.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any Mickey Mouse collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 6 France 1/4 oz Proof Gold Mickey Through the Ages coin to your cart today!
In 1928, Walt Disney and his long-time friend Ub Iwerks created the character Mortimer Mouse, who became the well-known character Mickey the next year. It is in Steamboat Willie that Disney succeeded in creating the beloved Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Peg-Leg Pete. After this success, Walt Disney re-mastered the two first movies, Plane Crazy and Gallopin' Gaucho.