This beautiful 2 oz Proof Silver coin, made for the 30th anniversary of The Dark Knight Returns, is based off Frank Miller's favorite Batman illustration. The coin pulls together, in one iconic image, all of the elements that made Frank Miller's gothic vision of the Batman such a legendary work of industry-changing artistry.
- Each coin contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver in a Proof finish.
- Your coin comes in limited edition collectors packaging that spotlights the illustrations of Frank Miller. Each coin comes in a custom presentation box and an individual capsule. In addition, every coin includes a Silver certificate of authenticity. The COAs are sequentially numbered 1-3,000 and each one is made from 2 grams of pure .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 3,000 coins, making them very collectible for both coin collectors as well as Batman fans.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the legal tender value of Fiji “2 Dollars”.
- Reverse: A dark image of Batman is shown. The savage violence, the unparalleled use of strobe-like, high contrast graphics, and the relentless "shock and awe" attack of the Gotham Guardian's campaign all come together.
- Remarkable color is shown in the design, further adding to the compelling visual element.
Add this 2016 2 oz Silver "The Dark Knight Returns" coin to your cart today!
Frank Miller is an iconic American comic book writer, novelist, producer, and director known for his long list of successful comic book stories including The Dark Knight Returns. This beautiful piece of art is said to be one of Frank Miller's personal favorites. The gothic vision shown in this coin changed the entire comic book industry! The savage violence, the unparalleled use of strobe-like, high contrast graphics, the relentless "shock and awe" attack of the Gotham Guardian's campaign-all of these elements are in this coin.
"It took me years to define, in my own mind, Batman as less a creature of vengeance than of vigor. This piece is one of my personal favorites. To me, it sums the man up." -Frank Miller.