This stunning 3 oz Silver high relief coin features a Unicorn galloping in front of a wave. Unicorns are known for their grace and stunning beauty.
- Contains 3 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin is presented in a presentation box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 999 coins worldwide.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a beautiful colorized Unicorn in 3D high relief against an oncoming wave.
This distinct Silver coin is sure to be highly popular amongst collectors for its low mintage and stunning design. Add this beautiful 2016 Silver 3D-HR Unicorn coin to your cart today!
The unicorn is a legendary creature that has been described since antiquity as a beast with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead. The unicorn was depicted in ancient seals of the Indus Valley Civilization and was mentioned by the ancient Greeks in accounts of natural history by various writers. In European folklore, the unicorn is often depicted as a white horse-like or goat-like animal with a long horn and cloven hooves, sometimes a goat's beard.
In the Middle Ages and Renaissance, it was commonly described as an extremely wild woodland creature, a symbol of purity and grace, which could only be captured by a virgin. In the encyclopedias its horn was said to have the power to render poisoned water potable and to heal sickness. In medieval and Renaissance times, the tusk of the narwhal was sometimes sold as unicorn horn.