The Ursus Arctos Horribilis, better known as the Grizzly Bear, is the last issue in the APMEXclusive® 3-Coin North American Predators series. Each 2 oz Silver coin comes in an antique finish and includes a ceramic canine tooth.
Don't miss out on the final coin of this popular series!
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver in an antique finish.
- Comes in a wooden box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays a profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as well as the country of issue and face value.
- Reverse: Features a close-up of a grizzly bear with his jaws open displaying his teeth and is highlighted by a ceramic canine tooth, inlaid by hand.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Cook Islands.
Having a low limited mintage and containing 2 oz of .999 fine Silver, this North American Predators coin is perfect for collectors. Add this 2 oz Silver Grizzly Bear coin to your cart today!
The explores Lewis and Clark names this bear grisly or "grizzly", which could have meant "grizzled", that is, golden and gray tips of the hair or "fear-inspiring". Naturalist George Ord classified this bear in 1815, not for its hair, but for is character, "terrifying bear". Grizzly bears have been known to prey on large mammals such as elk, deer, sheep and bison. Grizzly Bears in Canada and Alaska are larger than those in the American Rocky Mountains due to the richness of their diet.