Once every year, Monnaie de Paris pairs up with a luxurious French company to release an Excellence series. This year Monnaie de Paris has paired with Van Cleef & Arpels, a jewelry company founded in 1906.
Be one of the very few to own one of these ultra-low mintage coins!
- Contains 32.15 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Display Case: Inspired by ancient globes and by high jewelry fashion, this elegant case magnifies the coin while protecting it. The coin appears to emerge from luxurious foliage delicately cut from paper that is reminiscent of the universe of Van Cleef & Arpels' collections. Two compartments contain a brochure, authenticity certificate, magnifying glass, pair of gloves, and a one-coin wallet. The set can be discreetly locked thanks to a three safety locks positioned on the base of the set.
- Limited mintage of only 11 coins.
- Features in innovative insert that is made up of two butterflies crossing the blank of the kilo. The insert includes marquise and round diamonds for a .82 total carat weight.
- Obverse: Features an exquisite butterfly set with thirty-five round and marquise-cut diamonds. The intricate design includes other nature-inspired elements as well as an iconic fairy.
- Reverse: Depicts three hands gently setting diamonds into a butterfly. The butterfly includes one marquise diamond that represents the body and the wings include transparent portals that allow light to shine into the diamonds on the obverse. The initials of the French Republic "RF" and the year can also be seen.
- Guaranteed by Monnaie de Paris.
- Denomination: 5000 euros.
A low mintage of just 11 coins adds tremendous collector appeal to this exquisite design! Add this stunning 2016 1 kilo Proof Gold €5000 Excellence Series Van Cleef & Arpels coin to your cart today!
Each year Monnaie de Paris joins forces with a French company to create an intricately designed series of coins. This year's featured company is Van Cleef & Arpels, a revered jewelry house founded in 1906 by Alfred Van Cleef and Salomon Arpels. This year celebrates the company's 110th anniversary.
The coins in this series reflect the universe of Van Cleef & Arpels through patterns inspired by nature or the imagination such as birds, flowers, or fairies. They are tributes to craft skills and to the tradition of jewelry making.
Iconic elements such as butterflies, fairies, and beaded details are featured on the coins. The butterfly appeared in Van Cleef & Arpels designs in the 1920s and the fairy first appeared in the 1940s. Beaded details are primarily found in the "Perlée" collection that was introduced in the 1920s as well. Three hands shown setting marquise, princess and round diamonds pay homage to the craftsmanship of stone setting.