Mintage of approximately 84,000 coins. Chinese Pandas are popular with collectors around the world, as they are one of the world’s only bullion coins to change designs every year.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Sealed in original plastic from the Chinese Mint and is the only year to feature the "S" mintmark.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven in Beijing, encircled by the phrase "People's Republic of China" in Chinese closed off by the year of issue,.
- Reverse: Features a panda drinking from a river against a backdrop of bamboo.
- Guaranteed by the People's Bank of China.
Display your Gold Panda in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Enhance your existing Chinese Gold Panda collection with this highly sought after coin. Add the 1987-S 1 oz Gold Chinese Panda coin to your cart today!
Gold Pandas -- why buy Gold bullion from APMEX?Buying from APMEX is one of the world's favorite ways to invest in Chinese Gold and is a great way to diversify wealth. To buy Gold Chinese Coins for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||S - Shanghai|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|