2016 Silver French Excellence Series Medal (Van Cleef & Arpels)
Once every year, Monnaie de Paris pairs up with a luxurious French company to release an Excellence series. This medal features Van Cleef & Arpels, a noted jewelry company, and their 110th anniversary.
- Contains 12.378 oz of .950 fine Silver.
- This magnificent medal comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 110 medals.
- Obverse: Features a genuine mother-of-pearl butterfly with other nature-inspired elements and an iconic fairy. The Van Cleef & Arpels brand is listed under the butterfly with "110 Ans" noting the company's anniversary.
- Reverse: Depicts three hands gently setting diamonds into a butterfly.
- Minted by Monnaie de Paris.
Intricate designs add collectible appeal to the Excellence Series from Monnaie de Paris. Add this 2016 Silver French Excellence Series Van Cleef & Arpels medal to your cart today!
Each year Monnaie de Paris joins forces with a French company to create an intricately designed series of coins. This year's featured company is Van Cleef & Arpels, a revered jewelry house founded in 1906 by Alfred Van Cleef and Salomon Arpels. This year celebrates the company's 110th anniversary.
The coins in this series reflect the universe of Van Cleef & Arpels through patterns inspired by nature or the imagination such as birds, flowers, or fairies. They are tributes to craft skills and to the tradition of jewelry making.
Iconic elements such as butterflies, fairies, and beaded details are featured on the coins. The butterfly appeared in Van Cleef & Arpels designs in the 1920s and the fairy first appeared in the 1940s. Beaded details are primarily found in the "Perlée" collection that was introduced in the 1920s as well. Three hands shown setting marquise, princess and round diamonds pay homage to the craftsmanship of stone setting.