Limited mintage of 1,000 coins issued as legal tender under the Government of Tuvalu.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of just 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II right, date and denomination surrounding.
- Reverse: Portrays the mythical dragon with his nine sons.
- Sovereign coin backed by Tuvalu government.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this beautiful 2016 Tuvalu 5 oz Silver Dragon coin to your cart today!
According to ancient Chinese mythology, the dragon is symbolic of good fortune. In Chinese culture the dragon is said to have nine sons, each of whom was endowed with a unique supernatural power. Each of the son's characteristics resembled a different aspect of ancient Chinese culture, representing music or physical abilities, guarding or providing wisdom to those who kept them among their personal affects. These appear in many aspects of architecture as well as forming part of daily life such as embellishments on statues, houses, courts and incense burners in ancient China.