The Perth Mint is known for their popular Lunar Series coins, and this Proof Silver edition celebrates 2016 as the Year of the Monkey. Each of these kilo Silver coins comes in a capulse, ready to beautifully display or give as a gift.
- Contains 1 kilo (32.15 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of just 500 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value and Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Depicts an adult monkey with a baby monkey holding a peach, symbolic of longevity and immortality. The Chinese character for "monkey" and the inscription "Year of the Monkey" also appear in the design with The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The Perth Mint's Lunar Series coins are popular around the world. Add this 2016 Australian 1 kilo Silver Lunar Monkey Proof coin to your cart today!
As well as appealing to investors, these superb releases are perfect for people born in the Year of the Monkey: 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004 and 2016. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be intelligent, quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious and adventurous.