Silver Strobe Spinning Tops are beautiful coin tops made with 1 oz of .999 fine Silver. When spun on their ball bearing, they display a remarkable spinning strobe pattern when viewed on video from a smartphone.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- When spun an incredible optical illusion is displayed that takes advantage of aliasing and the wagon-wheel effect.
- Housed in a display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Silver tops can be spun on both sides with spin times reaching 12 minutes with a hard surface.
- Obverse: Recessed black lacquered pattern on the top of the coin specifically designed to interact with the frame rate of the video process to produce the intricate motions of the concentric circle patterns
- Reverse: Starburst cut pattern provides similarly interesting effects when spun.
- Guaranteed by the Shire Post Mint.
Add this unique Strobe Spinning Top Round to your cart today!
This one-of-a-kind, hand crafted Silver Strobe Spinning Top is a distinctive talking piece to share with friends. Best spun on a concave lens or mirror is the best spin surface to reach maximum spin times. The contact points are super hard spheres of silicon nitride black ceramic (Si3N4) providing a low friction contact point. With a diameter of 1.24” it is easily spun by all ages. All items from the Shire Post Mint are struck one at a time in the USA using antique machinery and traditional coining techniques.