The tenth and final coin from the popular Australian Map Shaped Coin Series features the dingo, a wild dog found in all parts of Australia.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in the original box and series packaging with certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 6,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, and the 2015 year-date.
- Reverse: Depicts a dingo standing in front of a rock heap in the Australian desert. The design includes the inscription "DINGO", The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark, and the 2016 year-date. The coin is innovatively struck in the shape of Australia.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
This Silver coin offers the perfect blend of collectible beauty and investment appeal. Add this popular 2016 Australia 1 oz Silver Map Shaped Proof Dingo coin to your cart today!
The dingo is an Australian wild canine which is believed to have descended from semi-domesticated dogs in East or South Asia. They are said to have arrived in Australia approximately 5,000 years ago. The dingo is a medium sized dog ranging in color from sandy yellow to red ginger.