The tradition of placing a single candle in the window during Christmas dates back to the beginning of Christianity. During this time a candle was lit on Christmas Eve symbolizing Christ, the "light of the world".
The candle was left to burn throughout the night and was said to light the way for Mary and Joseph.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in Special star-shaped capsule with a hole for a ribbon to be tied to transform this coin into a Christmas tree ornament. Presented in a gift card.
- Limited mintage of 3,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, and the 2016 year-date.
- Reverse: The reverse of the star shaped coin features a burning candle with a red bow tied around it, surrounded by a wreath of holly. The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark also appears in the design.
- Legal tender under the authority of the Australian government.
This unique coin will make a perfect gift to your friend or loved one. Be sure to add this Star Shaped 1 oz Silver Christmas Tree coin to your cart today!