Shawnee National Park is the first release in 2016 of the U.S. Mint's popular America the Beautiful series. The specimen is graded a perfect SP-70 by NGC and has an Early Release label.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Beautiful burnished finish.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the perfectly graded SP-70 by NGC.
- The Early Releases designation ensures that this coin was received by NGC within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of United States of America, Liberty, In God We Trust and Quarter Dollar.
- Reverse: Close-up view of Camel Rock with a red-tailed hawk soaring above. The park name, state, date and "E Pluribus Unum" surround the design.
Protect your perfect SP-70 ATB in style by adding a beautiful display box to your cart.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add these beautiful Silver coins to your collection today!
Located in southern Illinois, Shawnee National Forest covers more than 265,000 acres. The forest was established in August 1933 and was declared the Shawnee National Forest by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in September 1939. The National Forest contains many interesting geological features, including Little Grand Canyon, more than 200 feet deep, and Hicks Dome, which is believed to have been caused by a meteorite impact. Shawnee National Forest caters to a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities, such as both pedestrian and equestrian trails, rock climbing, bird watching and big-game hunting. Its abundance of wetlands and floodplains also provides habitats for migrating waterfowl.