Nice Silver Certificate from 1934-D. This choice Extra Fine Star ★ Note has a light stain but is still a nice note.
- $5 Silver Certificates were issued beginning in 1934.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This Star ★ Note from series 1934-D will be in Extra Fine condition.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Although they are still legal tender, their blue seals and serial numbers make them great collector items. These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Clarke/Snyder signatures—Friedberg #1654*.
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.