Rarely found in this high of a grade, as these coins generally have many marks. Only 12 coins have been graded higher by PCGS.
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the MS-66 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of 274,077 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts busts of Monroe and his Secretary of State in 1823, John Quincy Adams.
- Reverse: Features two female figures which were contorted into a rough approximation of the shape of each land mass.
- Designed by Chester Beach.
- Guaranteed by the United States Mint.
Protect and display your Monroe Doctrine Centennial coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This commemorative coin will make an excellent addition to any collection. Add this historical graded Monroe Doctrine Commem Half Dollar to your cart today!
One of the coins with the most convoluted history is the 1923-S Monroe Doctrine Centennial Half Dollar. Certainly, the Monroe Doctrine itself is deserving of national recognition. This foreign policy statement issued by President James Monroe in 1823 expressed in no uncertain terms that the U.S. would not tolerate European interference, control or influence in North and South America. However, the way the coin came about is odd to say the least.
In the early 1920s, Hollywood was reeling from multiple scandals. To help polish the studios’ tarnished reputations, the American Historical Revue and Motion Picture Historical Exposition was formed.
As a point of reference, this coin was priced at over $9,000.00 in 1989! This coin combines rarity with high-quality, an unbeatable combination!