This issue commemorated the independence of Texas in 1836. Slight toning on both the obverse and reverse add originality to the coin.
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the MS-67 condition.
- Mintage of only 8,911 coins.
- Obverse: Features a large five-pointed star behind the eagle.
- Reverse: Shows the kneeling figure of winged Victory, and on each side, medallions with portraits of General Sam Houston and Stephen Austin.
- Designed by Pompeo Coppini.
Protect and display your Texas Independence Half Dollar in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this graded 1936 Texas Independence Half Dollar to your cart today!
The Centennial of Texas' Independence commemoratives were struck beginning in 1934 and continued until 1938. The reverse is considered one of the most beautiful or one of the busiest designs of all U.S. coins, depending on your point of view.