This exceptional dome shaped 3 oz Silver coin depicts the famous cupola of the Berlin Cathedral, which is Berlin's largest church and located on Museum Island in the Mitte borough.
The Berlin Cathedral has never been a cathedral in the actual sense of that term since it has never been the seat of a bishop. The powerful and radiant effect of the magnificent dome causes every visitor to pause in reverence on entering the Berlin Cathedral. The dome mosaics, portraying the beatitudes from the Sermon on the Mount, had survived the war but in 1975 at the time of the Cathedral's renovation seven of the eight mosaics were deemed irreparable. After reproduction by a Tuscan company, the last mosaic was unveiled in 2002. Since then the dome radiates in its full glory once again.
- Comes in a custom wooden box with an inserted mirror in the bottom and certificate of authenticity.
- This dome shaped and detailed colorized coin contains 3 oz actual Silver weight.
- Obverse: Features the stunning dome of the 230 feet high cupola of the Berlin Cathedral with its eight mosaics.
- Reverse: Depicts the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, year and face value.
- Guaranteed by the Solomon Islands.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful masterpiece of German architecture to your collection today!