This Gold Lunar Rooster from Perth Mint is graded a near-perfect First Strike MS-69 by PCGS and comes in the APMEXclusive® Red Label holder from PCGS. With the mintage capped at 30,000 coins, Gold Lunar coins are highly sought after each year.
Typical populations for MS-69 Gold Lunars are very limited.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the MS-69 condition.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a rooster standing in a stylized Chinese scene featuring bamboo and leaves in the field of the coin. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for "Rooster", the inscription "Year of the Rooster", and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
- The Red Label seen above is an exclusive label to APMEX that has designs for each year in the popular Lunar Series. This will significantly add to the collectibility of these coins.
Protect and display your near-perfect MS-69 PCGS Rooster in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 2017 1 oz Gold Lunar Rooster graded First Strike MS-69 by PCGS to your cart today!
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2017 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rooster. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005 and 2017. Those born in these years are said to be hardworking, loyal, honest and sociable.