Celebrate the Gold Britannia's 30th anniversary with this stunning coin from The Royal Mint. A radiating pattern has been added behind Britannia. Not only does this feature add sophistication but is also an anti-counterfeiting security.
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coins will be in protective plastic. Multiples of 20 come in blister sheets. Multiples of 500 come in 25 blister sheets inside a sealed box.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Celebrates 30 years of the Gold Britannia's tradition and legacy.
- Features a radial sunburst design that adds anti-counterfeiting protection to your investment.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 10 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your Gold Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can even add a beautiful coin bezel to turn your Gold Britannia into fine jewelry.
This 2017 Gold Britannia coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection. Add this 2017 1/10 oz Gold Britannia to your cart today!
Steadfast and confident, Britannia is a symbol of resilience and strength. In 2017, The Royal Mint commemorates the 30th year since Britannia’s bullion design was launched to market. Sculptor Philip Nathan, the designer of the first Britannia bullion in 1987, envisaged her as a classic and evolving icon. In these additions to the bullion collection, she stands firm as a powerful gale whips around her shield, Corinthian helmet and olive branch. The design features a radial sunburst at her back.
In 2017, the Gold Britannia coin celebrates its 30th anniversary. To celebrate this significant milestone, the 2017 Britannia design has been refreshed with a high security radial sunburst background, modernizing this iconic coin.
Over the years, the image of Britannia has altered slightly, with her maritime links being emphasized by switching her spear to a trident. Britannia is seen as a symbol of British unity, liberty and strength, meaning she resurfaces during particularly challenging times. Like Columbia in the U.S. and Marianne in France, Britannia becomes more prominent in times of war or when national pride is booming.
In 1987, Britannia’s image graced the new Gold bullion coin minted by the Royal Mint known as the Gold Britannia. These Gold coins have since grown in popularity as an investment and a collector’s piece. Gold Britannias are available in sizes as small as 1/20 oz and as large as 5 oz Gold coins. In 1997, the Royal Mint expanded this design to a Silver bullion coin known as the Silver Britannia. Over time, both the Gold Britannia and Silver Britannia have experienced changes in design and an increase in metal purity, making them major players in the modern coin market.