This is a very nice set in a wooden presentation box with a DVD. Includes the 1860-O, 1861-O Confederate issue, and the 1861-O Louisiana issue Liberty Seated Half dollars that have been conserved by NGC.
- Contains 1.0851 oz of Silver.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the condition and quality of the coin.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht.
- Obverse: Depicts Liberty seated holding a pole with a Liberty cap in her left hand and a shield in her right hand.
- Reverse: Features an eagle holding an olive branch and a cluster of arrows, with a shield on its chest.
- Includes the 1860-O, 1861-O Confederate issue, and the 1861-O Louisiana issue.
Protect and display your coin by adding a display box to your order.
This set would be a great addition to any collection. Add this S.S. Republic Liberty Seated Half Dollar Set to your cart today!
The "REPUBLIC" - Bound for New Orleans from New York with passengers and commercial cargo, the sidewheel steamship SS Republic was lost in a violent hurricane on October 25, 1865. In August 2003, Odyssey located the shipwreck at a depth of approximately 1,700 feet in the Atlantic Ocean about 100 miles east of Savannah, Georgia. During archaeological excavation of the site, coins were picked up individually by the Remotely Operated Vehicle "ZEUS" with a delicate silicone limpet to protect the coin's surfaces. Each coin was carefully conserved and encased in a tamper-resistant holder with a unique bar-code label from Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.