Part of the Proof Silver State Dollars program, this round is from the Native American Mint and is part of a series that features a state, a tribe associated with that state, often they are from that exact area, and an animal integral to the tribe.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a protective plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Displays a member of the Mohawk tribe. Around the rim is the weight of 1 troy oz, the purity, and the year.
- Reverse: Features a raccoon on all fours along with the inscription "NEW YOUR RACCOON".
- These are non-circulating, legally authorized coins by a federally recognized sovereign nation, but are not legal tender.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
The designs on these Silver coins represent the history and culture of Native American tribes. Add this unique piece of Native American culture to your cart today!
These coins reflect the sovereign status of Native American tribes and are instrumental in honoring tribal history and culture spanning centuries. Adding to their collectibility is the fact that they are the only American, non-U.S. government coins available in the marketplace.
Indigenous Native American tribes have tribal sovereignty in the United States, giving them the authority to govern themselves within the borders of the United States. These tribes are considered "domestic dependent nations," which is a form of parallel sovereignty within the U.S. constitutional framework.
This coin is an official commercial item that represents the tribe, but there is no legal face value, as tribes are not allowed to create their own currencies. This ability is reserved for the federal government.