Scarce 1838 Hard Times Token, in Extremely Fine condition, promoting Bentonian Currency.
- 1838 Hard Times Token promoting "Bentonian Currency."
- This Currency was hard money as opposed to paper.
- The supporters of the United States Bank, who favored the issue of government paper for circulation, were constantly ridiculing their opponents in the newspapers of the day.
- On the other side, Benton, in a letter written from St. Louis, in August, 1837, praised Jackson for accumulating eighty million of hard money in the country - enabling the government to be independent, raising prices for farm products and prophesied good times, etc.
- This scarce token promotes Benton's views.
Protect your investments by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this Hard Times Token to your cart today!