APMEXclusive® Reach for the stars with this captivating 2016 Australian 1 oz Proof Silver Northern Sky Cygnus coin. Cygnus is the third and final release in the Northern Sky series. All three releases are sold out at the mint!
Due to our exclusive with the Royal Australian Mint, we are unable to ship this product to Europe. Orders within Europe containing this product will not be fulfilled.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a presentation box with a mint-issued certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Concave design adds depth to the constellation.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the date.
- Reverse: Features the Cygnus constellation as seen from the northern hemisphere against a background of blue and green. Designed by B. King.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The Royal Australian Mint has once again produced a coin enjoyed by all. Add the $5 Australian Colored Northern Sky Cygnus Domed Silver Coin to your cart today!
Following the popular releases of Cassiopeia and Ursa Major, the final Northern Sky coin features Cygnus, one of the most recognizable constellations of the northern summer and autumn skies. In contrast to the Crux constellation of the south, Cygnus includes the Northern Cross and was one of the 48 constellations identified by 2nd-century astronomer Ptolemy.
Cygnus appears in the shape of a swan, of which there were many legendary examples in Greek mythology, from King Cygnus to Orpheus and even Zeus himself. This nine-star constellation is most visible in the evenings from early summer to mid-autumn in the Northern Hemisphere.