Because of advances in manufacturing technology, significant mint errors on modern U.S. coinage are exceedingly rare. This Gold Buffalo features a prominent strike-through error, caused by debris coming between the die and the planchet during minting.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Encapsulation by NGC guarantees the authenticity of this mint error, and protects the coin.
- Features a strong reverse strike-through error on the buffalo's foreleg.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Buy this scarce mint error today!