This 1 oz Silver Australian Kangaroo coin comes from the Perth Mint.
Struck in .9999 fine Silver, the Australian Silver bullion coin is a treasure for investors as well as collectors and has proven to be popular worldwide since its release. Note that limited quantities of a 2015 Silver Kangaroo were released after the release of the 2016 coins. A micro-laser engraved letter "A" appears within the first A of "Australian" (visible under magnification) provides you authentication and detection against counterfeits.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Individual Silver coins come in a plastic flip. Orders of 25 come in tubes, and orders of 250 coins come packaged in Mini Monster Boxes which fit in standard safety deposit boxes.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the face value.
- Reverse: Features the classic red kangaroo design by Dr. Stuart Devlin, surrounded by a radiating design meant to symbolize sunlight, along with a micro-engraved "A" appearing under magnification.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your 2017 Australian Silver Kangaroo with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box or jewelry bezel to your order.
The kangaroo is the most instantly recognizable wildlife symbol of Australia. The world's largest marsupial, females carry their infants around in their pouch for two months after being born. These young kangaroos, called joeys, will stay close to their mothers until about eight months of age.
Red Kangaroos hop along on their powerful hind legs and do so at tremendous speed and with incredible grace. In fact, a red kangaroo can reach speeds of over 35 miles per hour! Their massive gait allows them to cover 25 feet in a single leap. The male kangaroos are larger than the females, and sometimes fight over potential mates by leaning back on their tails and boxing each other with their strong hind legs.
The 2017 Silver Kangaroo not only features a gorgeous design, and is offered at a terrific bullion price point. Add the 2017 1 oz Silver Kangaroo from the Perth Mint to your cart today!
Mint-sealed tubes of 25-coins feature a holographic security strip placed on top of the tube by The Perth Mint, allowing the ability to tell if the tube has been tampered with since leaving the mint.