The stunning Australian Lunar Silver Coin Series II – 2017 Year of the Rooster 1 oz Silver Gilded Edition is the perfect gift or collectable for those born in this anticipated year.
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, the Perth Lunars package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program. 2017 marks the first year of the Silver Lunar coin being minted in .9999 fineness, increasing its desirability to both collectors and investors.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- The Year of the Rooster Gilded Edition coin is housed in a presentation case and custom-designed shipper, accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value, Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: The reverse of the coin depicts a rooster, gilded in 24-carat Gold, a hen, and three chicks standing amongst bamboo foliage and flowers. The Chinese character for "rooster" and the inscription "Year of the Rooster" also appear in the design with The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your Silver coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Add this spectacular 2017 1 oz Silver Year of the Rooster Gilded coin to your cart today!
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from 99.99% pure Silver, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2017 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rooster. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005 and 2017. Those born in these years are said to be hardworking, loyal, honest and sociable.