Eleventh coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s Baby Animals series that tenderly depicts young wildlife in a natural setting.
Famous for its winter hibernation, the woodchuck ventures out of its underground burrow during the warmer months to sun itself or find food; but when it’s not eating, the woodchuck (or groundhog) is typically caring for its young. This fine Silver coin captures a tender moment between mother and offspring.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated and presented in a mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Very limited mintage of 5,500 coins.
- Obverse: Likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features color over the engraved portrait of a young woodchuck in its native environment. Barely two months old, the young is weaned from its mother’s milk and has ventured out of its underground burrow to sample nearby grasses and wildflowers. The application of selective color over engraving captures the young woodchuck’s likeness, particularly the texture and dark color of its fur.
To celebrate Canada’s rich biodiversity, the Royal Canadian Mint highlights the animal kingdom’s family bonds in a series that features endearing images of Canada’s baby animals. Add this unique 1 oz Silver Baby Animal Woodchuck coin to your cart today!