This coin commemorates the 250th anniversary of the founding of New Rochelle, New York.
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- Encapsulation by PCGS guarantees the MS-65 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of 15,266 coins.
- Obverse: Features John Pell with a fattened calf.
- Reverse: Displays the Fleur-de-lis.
- Designed by Gertrude K. Lathrop.
- Guaranteed by the United States Mint.
Protect and display your New Rochelle, New York Half Dollar in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This coin will make an excellent addition to any collection. Add this historical Half Dollar to your cart today!
Originally chosen to design the new coin was sculptor Lorrilard Wise. Unfortunately, his designs were lackluster in the eyes of the Commission of Fine Arts, and he was soon replaced by Gertrude K. Lathrop, who had experience in producing designs for coins and medals. Her obverse depicts John Pell, who sold the land that would become New Rochelle to the colonists. One of the terms of that deal included a “fatt calfe” to be delivered to Lord Pell on the 4th and 20th day of June every year.