This beautiful set contains all four sizes of 1995 Proof Gold American Eagle coins from the West Point Mint bearing the W mintmark. The set also includes the key date 1995-W Silver American Eagle, making this set extremely rare.
- Contains 1.85 oz actual Gold weight.
- Obverse: Features beloved designs of Lady Liberty, reimagined from early 20th century American coinage.
- Reverse: Displays images of a bald eagle with the coin's weight and face value.
- Set includes the key date 1995-W Proof Silver Eagle with a mintage of just 30,125 coins.
- Comes complete with box and certificate of authenticity.
- Sovereign coins backed by the U.S. government.
Coins minted from 1986 through 1991 are dated with Roman numerals whereas every 1 oz Gold American Eagle minted after 1992 is branded with Arabic numerals. These Gold bullion coins are available in multiple sizes including 1/10 troy oz, 1/4 troy oz, 1/2 troy oz and 1 troy oz. Each piece is identical in design save the markings on the reverse side of the coin that indicate its weight and face value.
In 1933, because of the Great Depression, the United States government made it illegal for citizens to hold monetary Gold. Citizens were required to sell their Gold certificates, coins, and bullion to the U.S. Treasury save a few exceptions including jewelry and numismatic coins. In 1975, private ownership of Gold was again made legal and in 1986, American mints began to make bullion coins. Pursuant to the Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985, these coins are made exclusively from American Gold.
The coin is minted at the West Point Mint in New York. The mint deals in large amounts of precious metals and is responsible for striking all proof and uncirculated American Eagles in Gold, Silver, and Platinum as well as all Gold commemorative coins.