This 2003 SIlver Britannia coins gives you the opportunity to own one of the coins in the Silver Britannia coin series with a lower mintage. Featuring the "Britannia's Helmet" design, this coin is a great enhancement to any coin collection.
- Contains 1 oz of .958 fine Silver.
- Individual coins will be in protective plastic.
- Mintage of only 73,721 coins.
- Obverse: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the profile of the legendary figure of Britannia. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect and display your 1 oz Silver Britannia in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2003 1 oz Silver Britannia to your cart today!
Over the years, the image of Britannia has altered slightly, with her maritime links being emphasized by switching her spear to a trident. Britannia is seen as a symbol of British unity, liberty and strength, meaning she resurfaces during particularly challenging times. Like Columbia in the U.S. and Marianne in France, Britannia becomes more prominent in times of war or when national pride is booming.
In 1987, Britannia’s image graced the new Gold bullion coin minted by the Royal Mint known as the Gold Britannia. These Gold coins have since grown in popularity as an investment and a collector’s piece. Gold Britannias are available in sizes as small as 1/20 oz and as large as 5 oz Gold coins. In 1997, the Royal Mint expanded this design to a Silver bullion coin known as the Silver Britannia. Over time, both the Gold Britannia and Silver Britannia have experienced changes in design and an increase in metal purity, making them major players in the modern coin market.