Note: These items are on a slight delay. We expect to ship these by 12/16/2016. Because these items are on delay, your entire order will ship upon their arrival.
In 2016 the U.S. Mint issued a commemorative collection of Gold coins in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the 1916 Mercury Dime, Standing Liberty Quarter, and Walking Liberty Half Dollar. Pick up all 3 coins graded SP-70.
- Includes three coins for a total of .85 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Each coin is encapsulated and hand packaged in a custom–designed, black–matte hardwood presentation case and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
- Centennial design issued in celebration of the original Mercury Dime, Standing Liberty Quarter, and Walking Liberty Half from 1916.
- Obverse/Reverse: Varies by specific coin,
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
These Centennial Gold Coins pay homage to one of the many coin designs issued during what is known as the "Renaissance of American Coinage". Add this 3 Coin Centennial Gold set to your cart today!
In 2016, the U.S. Mint marked the centenary anniversary of three numismatic icons with the release of the 1/10 oz Mercury Dime, 1/4 oz Standing Liberty Quarter, and the 1/2 oz Walking Liberty Half Dollar Centennial Gold Coins. Each of these coins features an allegorical representation of Liberty being the last design of each denomination to do so. The mint's goal is to match each Gold coin to the size and diameter of their original Silver coin from 1916. Plans are to issue business strikes only, meaning no proof or uncirculated versions will be issued. This set includes:
This special 100th Anniversary coin was issued in memory of the popular 1916 Mercury Dime and features 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold making this coin a great addition to both numismatic and investment portfolios. The original Mercury Dime was struck from 1916-1945.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman's design depicts a young Liberty with a winged Phrygian cap reminiscent of the Roman god Mercury.
- Reverse: Features an olive branch and a fasces (a bound bundle of wood including an axe blade emerging). To the right of the fasces is AU 24K 1/10 OZ.
Standing Liberty Quarter:
This special 100th Anniversary coin was issued in memory of the popular 1916 Standing Liberty Quarter and features 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold making this coin a great addition to both numismatic & investment portfolios. The original Standing Liberty quarter was struck from 1916-1930.
- Obverse: Herman MacNeil's design features a militaristic Lady Liberty holding a shield and olive branch walking through an opening in a wall bearing 13 stars. Inscriptions are "LIBERTY", "IN GOD WE TRUST", "AU 24K","1/4 OZ." and "2016".
- Reverse: Depicts an eagle in flight with its wings outstretched. The eagle is flanked by 13 stars, seven on the left and six on the right. This was the original design by Hermon A. MacNeil.
Walking Liberty Half:
This special 100th Anniversary coin was issued in memory of the popular 1916 Walking Liberty Half Dollar and features 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold making this coin a great addition to both numismatic & investment portfolios. The Walking Liberty Half Dollar was designed by Adolph A. Weinman and was struck from 1916-1947.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s classic design of Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, carrying branches of laurel and oak, symbolizing both civil and military glory.
- Reverse: An eagle perched atop a rock, his wings spread in preparation for flight with "United States of America" above and the face value below. The inscription "AU 24K 1/2 OZ." is on the rock ledge below the eagle's talons and above "HALF DOLLAR".