Available in 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz increments, the South African Krugerrand proof coin represents a great gift and Gold investment opportunity.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9167 fine Gold.
- Comes in a leatherette box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: Displays a Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, with the year of minting and Gold weight.
Add this beautiful 2017 1/4 oz Proof Gold Krugerrand to your cart today!
Gold Krugerrands feature a simple yet classic design depicting two key figures in South African history. On the obverse, the Gold Krugerrand coins feature four-term South African President Paul Kruger, who served from 1883 until he fled to Europe in 1900. On the reverse, these Gold coins feature South Africa’s national animal, the springbok antelope, which is hunted as game throughout South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. The South African Gold coins feature the same springbok that was designed by Coert Steynberg and previously used on the South African five shilling.