South Africa issued this set to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the Krugerrand. This set includes a Vintage 1967 Proof Gold Krugerrand with the 50th Anniversary privy!
- Contains 3 oz of Gold.
- Contains a 1 oz 1967 Vintage Proof Gold Krugerrand, 1 oz 2016 Proof Gold Krugerrand, and 1 oz 2017 Proof Gold Krugerrand.
- Comes in an original box from the mint with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 1,000 sets.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa's first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: Along with the year of minting and Gold weight, the image of the national animal of South Africa, a Springbok antelope, is featured.
- The Vintage 1967 and the 2017 dated coins feature a special privy mark celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Gold Krugerrand. The 50th anniversary logo has the inscription "1967", "2017" and "50 YEAR ANNIVERSARY".
Don’t miss out on this great anniversary proof coin set. This set is sure to be a collector's dream. Add the 2017 3-Coin Proof Gold Krugerrand Set to your cart today!
Gold Krugerrands feature a simple yet classic design depicting two key figures in South African history. On the obverse, the Gold Krugerrand coins feature four-term South African President Paul Kruger, who served from 1883 until he fled to Europe in 1900. On the reverse, these Gold coins feature South Africa’s national animal, the springbok antelope, which is hunted as game throughout South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. The South African Gold coins feature the same springbok that was designed by Coert Steynberg and previously used on the South African five shilling.