The Lydian stater was the first coin officially issued by a government in world history and was the model for virtually all subsequent coinage.
- Lydia (Croesus or later) 561 BC AR Half Stater/Siglos.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the Choice Extra Fine condition of the coin.
- Strike: 5/5, Surface: 3/5.
- Obverse: Confronted foreparts of lion right, mouth open and tongue protruding, and bull left.
- Reverse: Segmented rectangular incuse.
Protect and display your Half Stater in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this Lydia (Croesus or later) 561 BC AR Half Stater/Siglos coin to your cart today!
Coinage is thought to have started in Lydia or Ionia (present day western Turkey) in the seventh century BC. In 546 BC, Lydia was conquered by the Persians and Silver siglos of this type were struck from about 500 BC until the Persian Empire fell to Alexander the Great.