This Silver Eagle features a special burnished finish, West Point's "W" mintmark, and a lettered edge commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Silver Eagle series. Not released until December 2016, mintage on this Silver Eagle will likely remain low.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in display box with certificate of authenticity.
- Burnished coin features a special finish and a "W" mintmark.
- For one year only, features a lettered edge celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Silver Eagle program.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies. The West Point Mint's "W" mintmark can be seen below the eagle.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
In addition to the classic, beloved design, this coin features a burnished finish and a first-ever lettered edge. Because of the mint's delayed release of this coin in December, mintage will likely be a new low for the series. Add the 2016 Burnished Silver American Eagle to your cart today!