Nice Connecticut Colonial note and one of the last issues to be denominated in British coinage as we declared our independence from Britain only 1 month later.
- From a group of notes authorized by the Connecticut legislature.
- Denominated in British currency as 1 Shilling, 3 Pence.
- Dated June 19, 1776, less than a month before we declared our Independence.
- Housed in an archival quality Mylar sleeve by PMG.
- Certified as Choice Extremely Fine-45 by PMG.
- Face: Intricately engraved border surrounding the obligation and colony arms.
- Back: Smaller border framing the denomination and printers name.
Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
This note has some wear, but has been well preserved, and considering they are well over 200 years old, a great collectible! This note will make a nice addition to any Colonial currency collection.
Colonial issues preceded the Continental Notes by many decades, and some are quite rare. These notes are in demand among collectors and rising in value due to the limited numbers printed.