This Colonial issue from New Jersey will please any collector of high grade early American paper money. Graded Choice Uncirculated-63 by PMG.
- This 3 Shilling note was authorized by the state legislature on March 25, 1776.
- This outstanding note has been certified by Paper Money Guaranty as Choice Uncirculated-63.
- Features an original printing of just 37,500, so the population of one this nice is extremely small.
- Face: Bold Red and black printing with embossing readily evident. This two-color printing was to deter counterfeiting.
- Back: Leaf with the warning: "To counterfeit is Death".
A great piece of history is found in this well preserved Colonial Currency Note from the State of New Jersey. Add this Choice Uncirculated example to your cart today!
Signatures are Robert Smith, Jonathan Johnston, and John Smyth.
Noted on the holder is that this note was previously Mounted and Annotation. There is one light pencil notation and one small area where these was a previous mounting. These do not detract from this magnificent note and are mentioned for accuracy.