The fourth issue of the Treasures of Spanish Museums series is dedicated to the famous Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch, better known as El Bosco. The year 2016 date is also the 500th anniversary of El Bosco's death.
Little is known about his life, but he produced at least sixteen triptychs. Triptychs are usually panel paintings divided in three sections. His works are generally organized into three periods of his life dealing with the early works (ca 1470-1485), the middle period (ca 1485-1500) and the late period (ca 1500 until his death). This first ever set of colorized rectangular Silver coins minted by the Royal Spanish Mint features the three panels of "The Garden of Earthly Delights", the most celebrated work of El Bosco, which is currently housed in the Museo del Prado in Madrid.
- Fourth issue of "Treasures of Spanish Museums" series.
- First ever release of rectangular colorized Silver coins by the Royal Spanish Mint!
- Contains 1x 50 Euro Silver (60x60 mm) and 2x 25 Euro Silver (60x30 mm) featuring different panels of the triptych.
- Obverse: Colorized depiction of the three panels of "The Garden of Earthly Delights". The two 25 Euro coins depict the left and right panel, whereas the 50 Euro coin depicts the central panel of the painting.
- Reverse: Depicting different parts of the three panels and date, denomination and the M mintmark for the Spanish Royal Mint.
Add this beautiful Spanish Proof Silver 3-coin set and first ever release of rectangular coins by the Royal Spanish Mint commemorating one of the most well known painters to your collection today!