One of the more beautiful and elegant large size currency backs, as you see the opening of the Panama Canal.
- The first of the Federal Reserve Notes issued for general circulation.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Circulated $50 note from series 1914 in solid Very Fine condition.
- Face: Last printed in 1928 and bears the portrait of President Ulysses S. Grant.
- Back: An allegorical figure of Panama between a merchant and battle ship.
This note is in Very Fine plus condition with a lot of original crispness. Add this nice large size fifty to your cart today!
Series 1914 Federal Reserve Notes were the first of this type issued after the Federal Reserve Act passed in 1913. This established the banking system and uniform currency that exists to this day. Denominations from Five through Ten Thousand Dollars, and districts A through L, (Boston through San Francisco) were established.