This series 1891 $1.00 Treasury Note, commonly referred to as a Coin Note, features a large portrait of Edwin Stanton, Secretary of War from 1862-1869. This note is torn, holed and stained. A nice filler note.
- One of the most short-lived issues of U.S. paper money printed in the early 1890s.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is in Almost Good condition.
- Face: Features the portrait of Edwin M. Stanton, Secretary of War during the Civil War on the left.
- Back: Displays the obligation language at bottom center with the denomination in multiple places and styles.
Handle your currency with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These notes are very collectible due to their brief issue and low numbers printed. Add this 1891 $1.00 Treasury Note to your cart today!
Although titled as Treasury Notes, the obligation boldly stating these could be redeemed “IN COIN” which led to them being referred to as Coin Notes.