1928 (2-New York) $50 FRN VF
This series 1928 $50 FRN from the New York district has the "REDEEMABLE IN GOLD" clause in the obligation. This is the first of the small size fifties and the last of the numeral notes in the $50 denomination.
- These $50 FRN's were issued beginning in early 1928.
- Housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Circulated notes from series 1928 in Very Fine condition.
- Face: A portrait of President U.S. Grant.
- Back: An engraving of the U.S. Capitol.
This note also has the Light Green Seal and serial numbers which are sought after by collectors. Add this nice collector’s item to your cart today!
Signature combo of Woods/Mellon—Friedberg #2101-B.
This note was the last Federal Reserve Note to have the Gold clause in their redemption wording which states, "Redeemable in Gold on Demand at the United States Treasury, or in Gold or Lawful Money at any Federal Reserve Bank." No Federal Reserve Note since 1928 has carried this redemption!