This Silver Lunar Rooster from Perth Mint is graded a near-perfect First Strike MS-69 by PCGS and comes in the APMEXclusive® Red Label holder from PCGS. With very low mintages, Silver Lunar coins are highly sought after each year.
However, these MS-69 PCGS coins have a much lower population than the raw coins, with only 3 MS-69 First Strike 5 oz coins in the Red Label.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the near-perfect MS-69 condition.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value, Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Features a rooster, a hen and three chicks standing amongst bamboo foliage and flowers. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for "Rooster", the inscription "Year of the Rooster", and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
Protect your Silver coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Add this 5 oz Silver Lunar Rooster coin to your cart today!
A landmark coin series of the highest regard, the Perth Lunars package beautiful designs, limited mintages and universal appeal all in one program. 2017 marks the first year of the Silver Lunar coin being minted in .9999 fineness, increasing its desirability to both collectors and investors.
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Silver, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2017 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rooster. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005 and 2017. Those born in these years are said to be hardworking, loyal, honest and sociable.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
The Perth Lunar Series 1 concluded in 2010, and in 2008 (overlapping three years) began the Lunar Series 2 that is now in production. These releases have been tremendously popular worldwide, with each year selling out quickly as investors and collectors claim the coins of all sizes.