In February 2012, the Ministry of Finance decided to issue commemorative coins in 2015 and 2016 for the Great East Japan Earthquake reconstruction project. A part of the sales revenues of this series was donated to this project.
- Contains 0.6423 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of just 9,643. Only 964 coins were available outside of Japan.
- This proof coin comes in original Japan Mint square capsule and box.
- Obverse: Depicts a school building and traditional Japanese carp streamers (Koinobori) in a kid's drawing design.
- Reverse: Features a tableau of flying doves in front of the Miracle Pine. The Japanese inscription states that the coin was minted in the 27th year of the reign of Emperor Akihito.
- Guaranteed by the Japan Mint.
Add this Earthquake Reconstruction coin to your cart today!