Sold out at the mint! King Arthur is the first of six coins released which will be two-per-year over the next 3 years. This coin incorporates a mix of proof, polished and matte finishes to give the coin depth and an added level of realism.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin is presented in a capsule with a box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 999 coins.
- Quality: SmartMinting, Proof, Matte and polished finishes.
- Obverse: Depicts King Arthur, crown on head and in full armor, holding the legendary sword Excalibur, classic pose. The background features castles fortifications and a stone bridge set over water.
- Reverse: Features the Queens effigy which sits in the middle of the iconic Round Table. Surrounding the table and set around the rim, are twelve knights, helmets in hand, and holding the swords inwards in the classic pose. The design comes in stunning high relief with a beautiful finish.
This coin will be the perfect addition to any collection. Add this Ultra High Relief coin to your cart today!
The theme of this series is one that is surprisingly under-represented in numismatics, namely the Arthurian legends. Rich in detail, the story of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, Merlin and Excalibur have captivated people for over a thousand years.
According to legend, King Arthur led the defense of Britain against Saxon invaders in the late 5th and early 6th centuries AD. Geoffrey of Monmouth’s fanciful and imaginative 12th-century Historia Regum Britanniae (History of the Kings of Britain) had Arthur establishing an empire over Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Norway and Gaul. Many elements and incidents that are now an integral part of the Arthurian story appear in Geoffrey’s Historia, including Arthur’s father Uther Pendragon, the wizard Merlin, Arthur’s wife Guinevere, the sword Excalibur, Arthur’s conception at Tintagel, his final battle against Mordred at Camlann, and final rest in Avalon
Choice Mint has rapidly earned itself an enviable reputation among the legions of modern coin collectors.