Superb near gem with exceptional eye appeal! Great coin for a Gold type set.
- Contains .2419 oz of Gold.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the stunning MS-64 condition.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast, surrounded by "United States of America" and the denomination.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Display your graded Liberty Gold Half Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Enhance your Pre-1933 Gold coin collection with this highly sought after coin. Add this historic and highly respected coin to your cart today!
Christian Gobrecht’s Coronet design, also called the Liberty Head type, made its appearance in the half eagle series in 1839. The obverse displays a female head facing left, her hair tied in a bun secured by a string of beads, wearing a coronet inscribed "LIBERTY", stars surrounding, with the date below. The reverse shows an eagle with a shield on its breast, perched on an olive branch and holding three arrows. The inscription "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA", "FIVE D." surrounds.
Coins were produced mainly at the Philadelphia Mint on a continuous basis during the entire span. Additional pieces were made from time to time at Carson City, Charlotte, Dahlonega, Denver, New Orleans and San Francisco. In general, Charlotte and Dahlonega pieces are scarce.