APMEXclusive® This beautiful High Relief Gold Lunar coin celebrates the Year of the Rooster and has an extremely limited mintage of just 388 coins. The sunken background and raised relief provide added beauty to the unique design.
The star of each year's Perth lunar collection, these coins have been very popular amongst collectors each year due to the limited supply and remarkable designs.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an oval-shaped display case, featuring a glossy timber-effect lid, presented in a colored illustrated shipper with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity, year of issue, and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a rooster standing in a stylized Chinese scene featuring bamboo and leaves in the field of the coin. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for "Rooster", the inscription "Year of the Rooster", and the Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Proudly display your High Relief 1 oz Year of the Rooster Proof Gold coin by adding a lunar display box to your order.
Update your lunar set by adding this stunning 1 oz Year of the Rooster Gold High Relief Proof coin to your cart today!
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from 99.99% pure Gold, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying Chinese themes. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2017 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rooster. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005 and 2017. Those born in these years are said to be hardworking, loyal, honest and sociable.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!